cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jagould
Level 7

scripting Check in package

Im still pretty new to epolicy, so im looking for some help.

I manage 6 different networks (all with epolicy 4.6) and 3 are secured networks without internet.  all 3 of them are interconnected, and the main hub provides "dat updates"

The file they provide is avvepo7xxxdat.zip, which contains 45~ files, .gem, avvdat-7xxx.zip,  mcs files, etc.  I can take this file, and manually click the check in pacakge button, no problems.

What i am looking for is a way to script the check in package function.

I currently have a script that downloads the .zip file thats provided fia FTP for me, so all i have to do i check it in, but i'de like to not have to do that step.

the 'Main' site i manage, i have a HTTP Distributed Repositorie that my other 2 sites pull from with no problem, but i would like my main site to be automated as well.

Any help with automating the check in package process would be a great help.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
alexn
Level 14

Re: scripting Check in package

Hi,

Why dont you do easy way imean builtin Master Repository Pull task, It fetches all updates and will roll out to your other distributed rep as well, you can also schedule it. Manue>Software>Master Repository> Pull or schedule Pull.

Or you only prefer scripting?

0 Kudos
jagould
Level 7

I wish i could do it that way.  However since these networks do not have internet i can't use the default sites.

I've also looked into creating a new pull site, but unfortinutely the pull location is not a "site", and dosn't provide the site.z file.

Since i am limited to only being provided with that zip file i mentioned, i can only check it in manually, and would like to see if i could automate it with a script.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Can the secured networks see the unsecured networks? If so it's possible to configure the ePO servers in the secureed networks to use a repository in the unsecured networks as a source site to pull from...

Joe

0 Kudos
jagould
Level 7

I wish it were that easy Joe

Sadly these secured networks don't have access to anything but them self, and the other secured networks.

0 Kudos
apoling
Level 14

Hi,

my question is: assuming you have the automated check-in function, how would you make the file available for checking in to ePO on the "Main" site (in one of the secured networks) ?

Attila

0 Kudos
jagould
Level 7

the file is provided to us via HTTP or FTP, i created a script that uses ftp to automaticly download the file from the home base to my secure site.

i can;'t use the ftp site as a source site either, since it only contains the one zip file.

0 Kudos
alexn
Level 14

Post your script So I could see how is it work and can it be modify to direct http://update.nai.com/Products/CommonUpdater .

0 Kudos
jagould
Level 7

No internet access, Downloading from nia not possible.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

If it's provided by FTP, would it be possible to instead provide the entire contents via FTP - i.e. an FTP distributed repository - which you could then transfer across via script?

0 Kudos