cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: scripting Check in package

I would love to do it that way, however, convincing the government to change how it does something it not possible.

alexn
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 16

Joe, can he use Relay server?what do you think?

apoling
Level 14
Message 13 of 16

I had a similar scenario where I had to make a source site available for one of our "secure" VLAN zone without internet access. We had an ePO server (A) in this zone and one in the internal network (B).

On server B we installed an FTP server and mirrored the master repository selectively (i.e. just DAT, engine, no agent etc.) within this server (i.e. ePO had the master and a local repository at the same time). From server A we pulled the content over via a ePO pull task (defined server B as source).

Alternatively you could use robocopy to mirror the content of a source (acquired via normal download of Mcafee update site or one VSE client mirror task) in your unsecure zone (run robocopy either in your secure zone or unsecure, whichever is allowed and technically possible). In either way your ePO or another server in the secure main zone should have a FTP server the home folder of which is populated via this robocopy mirroring.

Hope I was clear enough 🙂

When you use robocopy, you should define the sitelist as local repositories, not distributed, otherwise checking sitestat.xml by the agent will blow the whole thing.

Attila,

Good idea, however i won't be able to transfer files from the non secure to the secure network as the only way to transfer files is to burn to CD for me.  Which i think is what they do at the HQ.

However, how could i create Local repositories? I can't seem to figure that one out.  Is it like creating a source site?

Just for an FYI this is the type of file i'm provided: http://download.nai.com/products/DatFiles/4.x/NAI/avvepo7049dat.zip however i don't download it from the web, someone else does and provides it via http download or ftp.

Highlighted
apoling
Level 14
Message 16 of 16

You create a local (or unmanaged) repository by adding one to the agent's list in the agent's ePO policy page Repository section. There is also a checkbox next to the list to enable (or disable - the logic has changed through versions) newly added repositories by default so be sure to tick (or untick) that afterwards.

(ePO 4.6 PG p. 91)

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community