cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report of clients latest installed DAT update

hey

how can i get/create a report of my clients update status and which DAT update installed?

cheers

11 Replies
Tristan
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 12

Re: report of clients latest installed DAT update

Does the builtin 'VSE: DAT Deployment' query in ePO not give you the information you require?

Message was edited by: Tristan on 02/07/12 15:17:08 IST

i dont have any such Query/Report. where else can i find it?

Tristan
Level 15
Message 4 of 12

What version of ePO do you have manageing your computers?

It's not possible to delete the default reports so in 4.5/4.6 it should be under

Menu -> Reporting -> Queries and Reports

Then navigate the tree to

Shared groups -> VirusScan Enterprise

and it will be there

i just checked and i dont have any "VirusScan Enterprise" under Shared groups.

i have ePO 4.6 which i registred VirusScan Enterprises on my network manually into ePO with command line:

frminst.exe /INSTALL=AGENT /Siteinfo=C:\Sitelist.xml

so any idea?

cheers

Tristan
Level 15
Message 6 of 12

...Light bulb moment...

Have you checked in the VSE install package and management/help extension into ePO?

no and i really dont get what's the use of checking in softwares from "Menu / Software / Software Manager" !

i have installed VSE on clients manually and registred them inside ePO. i see the clients info on System Tree (Hardware info etc) but i need virus scan status! so beside the kinda report/status i need to see which client is updated and which not (by DAT version), i also need to see their virus scan report, becase 2 of my clients detected viruses and i am wondering will they report that virus scan status back to ePO? if yes, where can i see that too?

best regards

The help extensions contain the reports.  No check in, no reports.

ok i'll try to check in Help extension. could you please just tell me what is the usage of extentions?

It depends on the extension but the help extension contains help files, reports and other such things.  With each software package such as AntiVirus, host intusion detection, endpoint encryption, etc.  there are multiple extensions.  Usually there is a minimum of 3, one to add administrative functionality to epo, one to add the ability to deploy the software to host pcs from with epo and one to add help/documentation/reporting functionality related to the specific application to epo.