cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gstam
Level 7

"Send this task to all computers"

Jump to solution

I checked the ePO product guide and Googled but did not see a definite answer.

In this scenario, I want to repair a bad VSE installation by installing VSE again. I select the target machine and creat an agent task for product deployment for VSE 8.7. Actions > agent> Modify tasks on a single system (run client task now does not work) > actions > new client task assignment > McAfee agent > product deployment > VSE 8.7

On this screen is "send this task to all computers" and "

My question is this: is "all computers" in this instance all of the computers I have selected? I am a little worried it really means all machines in my system tree.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: "Send this task to all computers"

Jump to solution

You're correct - it will only be sent to the machine you have selected. If you were assigning it at a group level, for example, it would be sent to all machines in the group.

HTH -

Joe

0 Kudos
3 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

You're correct - it will only be sent to the machine you have selected. If you were assigning it at a group level, for example, it would be sent to all machines in the group.

HTH -

Joe

0 Kudos
ashedge
Level 9

Jump to solution

As said joe you can create group vise VSE deployment task. and one more option is to create tags and apply on specific systems. In deployment task select specific created Tag and deploy the same.

0 Kudos
gstam
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, Joe.

As a suggestion, it might be more clear to relabel this "send this task to all selected computers" in a future release.

0 Kudos