cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"MyAvert Threat Advisory" on EPO-dashborad did'nt show "Latest Available" status

Jump to solution

Hello,

in the EPO-console (V4) on the dashboard the "MyAvert Threat Advisory" did'nt show "Latest Available", "MyAvert Security Threats:" and "Last check:" status. The repository update, to get the newest DAT-file, is working propper. The connection to http://myavert.avertlabs.com:8801 via IE on the EPO-Server also works and I see the site:

"ReportService

What is the reason for this problem?

Thanks and greetings from Germany

Janni

The following operations are supported. For a formal definition, please review the Service Description.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: "MyAvert Threat Advisory" on EPO-dashborad did'nt show "Latest Available" status

Jump to solution

You will probably need to configure the proxy settings - please see KB 59857  for details.

HTH -

Joe

4 Replies

Re: "MyAvert Threat Advisory" on EPO-dashborad did'nt show "Latest Available" status

Jump to solution

Hi Janni,

I have had a look at our config, based on the fact we get the updates.

AVERTAlertsURL = http://myavert.avertlabs.com:8801/reportservice.asmx

From Memeory the ePO sevrer Java appliaction also connects to this service using SOAP.

Are you using a Proxy?

Jump to solution

Hi Artfulbodger,

is there a special config entry for the AVERTAlertsURL in the EPO environment? If I use this AVERTAlertsURL in IE, I can access this site.

Yes I use the a proxy. The EPO-proxy configuration on our EPO 4.0 server is "use the IE settings" and in the IE proxy is configured.

What is SOAP? On the EPO server is also installed "Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_17".

Regards

Janni

Nachricht geändert durch EPO-Janni on 18.06.10 11:03:14 MESZ
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

You will probably need to configure the proxy settings - please see KB 59857  for details.

HTH -

Joe

ayoub
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi,

did you have a site firewall, perhaps you need to configure it to authorize myavert.