Did you mean:ย 
Highlighted
serrix
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

"My default" Policies

Hi,
I've inherited the role of ePO administrator and i'm going through our policies and seeing if anything needs updating/cleaning up.
I'm going through the policies and i've noticed that all the 'custom' policies are named "My Default".

After a little reading it seems that this is the suggested name in some of the Mcafee tutorials... I'm a little surprised that all of the custom policies are named it so i thought i should confirm:

Q1: Can you please confirm that "My Default" is just a custom name given and not a 'special' name?

I'll be renaming these to slightly more descriptive names
Sorry for such a simple question - i'd much rather be 100% sure then sorry ๐Ÿ™‚
Thanks for your thoughts and help.
2 Replies
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

RE: "My default" Policies

That should be fine ๐Ÿ™‚
When ePO is first installed it creates a pair of default policies - the "McAfee default", which cannot be edited, and the "My Default", which can. I think My Default was just an arbitrary name chosen by the developers ๐Ÿ™‚

If you're worried about breaking anything, instead of renaming them you can duplicate them and rename the duplicates, thereby preserving the originals.

HTH -

Joe
serrix
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

RE: "My default" Policies

Awesome, thanks a ton for confirming that... and for your quick response!
Cheers,
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community