Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sc28
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

"Feature Transfer Error" EPO 4.0 Patch 3 to Patch 4 upgrade error

Perhaps I missed something and was wondering if anybody here ran into problems upgrading EPO 4 patch 3 to EPO patch 4. I am running it on a Windows 2003 Server box SP2. Whenever I attempt to install the patch after authenticating I get the error ""Feature Transfer Error" Error: -1638 Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove existing version of this product, use Add/Remove programs on the Control Panel." I was under the assumption that this install right over the previous version. Any ideas?:confused:
2 Replies
sc28
Level 7
Message 2 of 3

RE: "Feature Transfer Error" EPO 4.0 Patch 3 to Patch 4 upgrade error

Update I spoke to McAfee and they told me to backup database, uninstall then reinstall EPO 4.0. Then run patch. Funny now patch 3 or 4 give the same error. Must be a windows update. Any ideas out there?
sc28
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

RE: "Feature Transfer Error" EPO 4.0 Patch 3 to Patch 4 upgrade error

Anyone have a suggestion? Or have run into this before?
ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.