cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

queries slow in epo

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

My EPO queries very slow, so I logged in with another user account and queries were faster? Any idea why its doing this?

Message was edited by: minion on 7/2/14 8:32:16 AM CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: queries slow in epo

Jump to solution

Sorry guys forgot to send feedback on this. DBA's got back to me that there was transactions blocked (sleeping) in the EPO DB with that specific username. They killed it then it was faster again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Did both users have the same level of access?  Or did one have access to a more limited subset of endpoints?

Outside of trying to figure out what's different between the accounts - it could be the database needs to be cleaned up, system resources on the ePO server (and/or the database server need to be increased.

Jump to solution

yep same level of access, both global admin. found kb article on database maintenance, will maybe just send this to the dba's: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb67184

Slyfin
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

If you log in as the other identity first then log in as you, are the queries still faster the second time? If so you may be exposing resource problems on the SQL server. Basically the first user caches the information and the second uses what has already been loaded into memory. Before complaining to the SysAdmins/DBAs for more memory you could ask them to run a query to see what type of info you're capturing. There may be extraneous events that are not really needed.  I turned off like 5 events and my DB shrank by 30%. It has been a # of years so I don't remember which ones I turned off. I really should have documented them

SELECT ThreatEventID, Count(ThreatEventID) as Count FROM EPOEvents
GROUP BY ThreatEventID
ORDER By Count desc

From

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB76720

Message was edited by: Slyfin on 7/23/14 1:43:16 PM GMT-05:00

Forgot the Threat ID List

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52417

Message was edited by: Slyfin on 7/23/14 1:45:30 PM GMT-05:00

Jump to solution

Sorry guys forgot to send feedback on this. DBA's got back to me that there was transactions blocked (sleeping) in the EPO DB with that specific username. They killed it then it was faster again.

View solution in original post

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community