cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francky59
Level 7

problem after upgrade EPO from 4.6.0 to 4.6.4 : service-specific error 0 (0x0).

Hello,

We did the upgrade from 4.6.0 to 4.6.4. Everything worked fine but after a server reboot. The Application server service aren't work anymore. there is

this specific message :

The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.6.4 Application Server service terminated with service-specific error 0 (0x0).

Then of course, the server service and the event parser service don't work anymore too as they are dependant of the application server service.

Did anyone have the same problem. We tried a lot of thing but now i don't know what to do.

Thank you all for your answer.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ulyses31
Level 16

Re: problem after upgrade EPO from 4.6.0 to 4.6.4 : service-specific error 0 (0x0).

Hi francky59, this sometime happens when the Tomcat Shutdown port is in use by another application, you can check this KB:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB61018

otherwise you should post your orion.log file so we can see what's happening

0 Kudos
francky59
Level 7

Re: problem after upgrade EPO from 4.6.0 to 4.6.4 : service-specific error 0 (0x0).

well, it seems to be a Java Runtime Problem. i changed the JRE and now, services starts but i still can't go to the EPO Console (error HTTP 500)

0 Kudos
ulyses31
Level 16

Are all ePO services and SQL services started?

0 Kudos
francky59
Level 7

After a while, we decided to use a full backup to restore the server and the database to a week before. It works now. we are still in 4.6.0. i don't know if we will try to migrate again

to 4.6.4. May be, we will wait for a 5.0 or more....

Thanks for your answers, buds

Regards

0 Kudos