cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving epo server

I am moving the epo server address I have agents 3.6 on the machine. I will not be upgrading any software, but I need to now how I can change the server address and then send that changed to the clients.
7 Replies
mdyer
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Kb47675

https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB47675&slice...

The agents will try to first connect to the server using the IP address. When that fails, they'll try to use FQDN and finally windows name resolution. What you DON'T want to do is change the server NAME and the IP at the same time because then the agents won't have any way of reaching the new server (change either IP or NAME, but not both at the same time).
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 3 of 8

RE: Kb47675

You can get round this using a DNS forward on the old address to the new one.

The new server will have a new name and new ip.

My plan was to add in the new server in the repository and remove the old. Or have both added to the repository and then shutdown one server. As the agents fall back on the new server have that repository policy only list its self. Does this plan seem feasible?
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 5 of 8

Are you moving the EPO server or just creating a new repository?

Completely moving to a new pc. The old server will still run other applications that act as a server for other devices. The new server will have a different ip and name. I would like to somehow make the agents switch switch servers. The new server will have the repository.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 7 of 8

What version of EPO is the new server going to be 3.6 or 4.0?

IF you are on a domain model you can use a script or a batch to apply a new sitelist.xml to all the agent this way poinitng them at the new server.

Or you could import lists of workstations and push agents over the top of the current installs

Agent 3.6 our domain stuff is a mess. What in and out of domain. But I can remote into each pc and change the sitexml file.

Sounds like this is a feature mcafee could add in its next version