I have a working epo server 4.5 from mcafee and have 10 clients connected to the epo server. We renewed our license last may 2010 but when i check some of my clients i can see that they have not updated after june 2010. I can see that they can connect to the epo server and query the server but for some reason the epo server fails to update from the http site of mcafee. I tried uninstalling one client and installed mcafee antivirus again then have it connect to the epo server for the update but it fails. However when i do a direct download from mcafee for the superdat file nov2010 and run it locally on the computer it gets updated.
I was thinking this could be related to the renewal that mcafee epo isnt recognizing that we already renewed our license.
Actually its pulling its updates from the epo server previously without fail. even up to this day it still pulls updates (may 2010) from the eposerver, however when i go to the epo server there seems to be an error when it tries to pull updates from the ftp or http site so the update remains at May 2010.
After we renewed the license from the supplier by paying them a certain amount and getting a grant number from mcafee that were renewed for another year. i was thinking maybe i didnt get the steps to do on the eposerver after we renewed our license from a supplier. Could there be some steps that i need to do to make sure epo server recognizes that we already renewed with mcafee?
btw i checked the license key last time and the renewed one . its the same.
Are there any errors shown on the ePO server when a pull task runs? Check the epoapsrv.log - anything unusual there? (Post the log file here if you like.)
for the ftp session heres the error.
Failed to connect, error 10060 ( A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. )
for the http session heres the error
Failed to download file Current\MASECORE2000\SpamEngine\0000\masecore.dll from site update.nai.com:80, error code 5 ( Access is denied. )
hope this helps.
A timeout and an access denied... at a first guess I'd say this smells like a proxy issue. Do you have any kind of proxy between the ePO server and the outside world? If so, make sure you have configured the credentials for it correctly in ePO (under Server Settings / Proxy Settings.)
I finally found out what was preventing mcafee pull and the master update repository from not updating. Although it was a long shot to the proxy issue that you mentioned below. I checked the pull server task and update master repository server task and initially it was set to all. and what i did now was I ticked only those items that we have installed like mcafee 8.7 , dat, superdat and it worked.
My epo server is now able to pull updates from the mcafee site. Although i still wonder why it didnt give me any problem before when my setting was still all when i installed the epo server.
Anyway i'll just award you the points sinced you help point me in the right direction.
Strange Logically it must have been timing out on one of the items you have deselected - but as long as it's working now then that should be fine