cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zerocoolorez
Level 7

mcafee endpoind secu. and firewall on 10000 work stations (check update remotely?)

Hi Team !

I am an admin on a domain with about 10.000 windows workstations containing Mcafee endpoint security and mcafee firewall.

Recently i received a lot of tickets in regards to the workstation telling us that some of theworkstations are not being updated.

Is there a tool that i can use to remotely check the machine status of mcafee if online ?

I am just using sccm center to check if the mcafee process is running properly and what version , but it will not tell me if the DAT file is up to date.

Please let me know if you have an Idea.

I was thinking about woring a batch that will ask me for the remote computer name , then check if it is online and then also check that status of the dat file.

Ids there any program or command line available to check remotely ?

Thank you !

Kind regards

Frank 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
awbattelle
Level 11

Re: mcafee endpoind secu. and firewall on 10000 work stations (check update remotely?)

Hi Frank,

<Is there a tool that i can use to remotely check the machine status of mcafee if online ?>

Yes, it's called ePO and it's free with any licensed McAfee Enterprise product. You'll have to pony up for Microsoft SQL 2012 or 16. Maybe you already have a SQL Server?

0 Kudos