Highlighted
nawid
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

mcafee agent installation

Jump to solution

Hello,

we are facing new mcafee agent installation it gives (MFEagent_x64.msi) error.

i dont have olde version of agent but i did extract the new 5.0.6 didnt worked for me .if there is any other solution please help 

.agent not installing.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Re: mcafee agent installation

Jump to solution

Go to the registry to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products and search for mcafee agent.  When you find it, remove the entire key for it, not just the sourcelist folder you find or anything else under it.   Back it up first, then remove that key and try your install again.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

What about removing product with EPR tool, reboot the machine and do fresh installation of MA.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
nawid
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution
I run MCPR ver 10.2 but didnt solve . i deleted agent from regedit and there isnt any single folder/file of mcafee remain in my computer .
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Go to the registry to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products and search for mcafee agent.  When you find it, remove the entire key for it, not just the sourcelist folder you find or anything else under it.   Back it up first, then remove that key and try your install again.

Was my reply helpful?