i have a problem with mcafee Agent 4.0 and ePO 4.5 Server according the sitelist.xml
i use a Agent Handler in DMZ, too, but not for the mcafee agent 4.0
The mcafee Agent 4.0 gets the wrong sitelist.
i have configured one Agent handler policy for the Agent Handler in DMZ für Clients in a specified Group in Systemtree.
The mcafee Agent 4.0 client is not in that group, but it gets the sitelist with that agent handler from the epo 4.5 server!
can somebody help me?
We have seen quite a few of these in support, and really your quickest solution will be to stop using the MA 4.0 and Start using the MA 4.5 agent.
This is because the MA 4.0 installer reads the first SPIPE in the list (in this case any agent handler you create will be first) and uses that as the default on install. So you other machines using the Agent Handler instead of the epo server are most likely because they were recently installed. If you were using the MA 4.5 agent (on clean install) it will have both Servers listed (epo and AH). So it would not be an issue.
If you cannot upgrade to the Latest MA 4.5, then you will need to open an SR with McAfee support, and request a hotfix/POC for the MA 4.0 bug.
thank you for your answer, but i know this and i have to use MA 4.0 because auf Windows 2000 Clients.
All other Windows 2003 and higher we use with MA 4.5 without problems.
So my questions is now, how i can configure the ePO Server that the ePO Server is the first entry in the siteleist, so i can use MA 4.0 for Windows 2000 clients?
I have the same issue, need to run Agent 4.0 on a few Windows 2000 servers and the agent tries to contact an Agent Handler that's in another network instead of the EPO server. There is nothing that keeps them apart in the sitelist.xml file, really, so it's understandable from an agent perspective.
Clearly, this must be a bug. Can anyone confirm if there's a fix? Currently, I'm a bit stuck with Tier 1 support troubleshooting this.
i have an solution for this problem:
i made an additional Agent handler policy for MCA 4.0 that contains only the right Agent Handler for MCA4.0 and placed that policy to the first place.
After that policy comes the policy für the agent handler in DMZ and then the standard policy.
so it works for me.
So the agent gets at the first contact to epo Server the right agenthandler for the sitelist.
For a freshinstallation of MCA4.0 i used an workaround:
after installation of MCA4.0, i copy an modified sitelist to the client.
Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center