cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue dll file unregistered and install Mcafee EPO agent 4.6.0.1694 and viruscan 8.8.0.849

Hello,

we have an issue with mcafee Agent EPO 4.6 (4.6.0.1694) and viruscan 8.8  patch 1 (8.8.0.849) :

we are updating and installing the mcafee agent EPO in forceinstall to get a clean installation and it seems

to occur some collateral dammage....

We get errors with VBS Scripts launched at the start of the PC.

We get errors with Internet explorer : a white page on every url.

We had to re-register  the Vbscript.dll for vbscript errors : regsvr32 vbscript

and 8 dlls for IE :

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

regsvr32 shdocvw.dll

regsvr32 mshtml.dll

regsvr32 browseui.dll

regsvr32 jscript.dll

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

regsvr32 oleaut32.dll

It seems like the EPO Agent is initializing some registries.

Is anyone has the same issue ? Is there a workaround or a solution for this kind of incident ?

Thanks beforehands for any remarks, solution, ...

Regards

Francky

5 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: issue dll file unregistered and install Mcafee EPO agent 4.6.0.1694 and viruscan 8.8.0.849

I have not seen this before but I would recommend using procmon to see if you can spot exactly what is unregistering the .dlls in question. You should be able to filter the results on the .dll name to quickly spot what is going on.

Re: issue dll file unregistered and install Mcafee EPO agent 4.6.0.1694 and viruscan 8.8.0.849

Hi Francky,

Were you able to determine if Mcafee Agent update had caused this?

We are facing a similar issue where we are finding vbscript.dll unregistred on a lot of PC's after doing a upgrate to Virusscan 8.8 followed by a Hotfix update through ePO.

Subu

Hi Subus20,

After a little investigation, it seems effectivelly it is not caused by the mcafee  Agent but by mcafee Viruscan 8.8 itself (followed by a hotfix update).

now, i don't know more about this. so, we are two with the same case. A bug in the viruscan install or in the hotfix ?

Francky

brianb
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

I am also experiencing the same issue you guys are seeing. I am seeing these issues come up not after the VSE 8.8 install, but it appears to be related to the VSE 8.8 Patch 1 upgrade that triggers it.

Did anyone get a resolution for this?  I am having a similar issue.