cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing epo and sql express on backupexec server?

Hi there

I have a machine currently running SQL Express 2005 with an installed instance called epodb (another instance exists for buexec)

I am trying to installed epo 4.5 on this machine and use this db instance, but I get an error show here.

errorepo.jpg

I have SQL Express 2005 running, and I have ready that this is an accepted database software for EPO 4.5.

Sorry, not sure what i'm doing wrong here, any advice? EPO 4.5 can run fine on express 2005 so I have read, and its installed on this machine.

Appreciate any help.

6 Replies

Re: installing epo and sql express on backupexec server?

BackupExec will set there database to hidden, and a login mode of 0 not 2. So this is why we dont see it.

I would highly recommend letting epo install its own instance of SQL, separate from Backupexec. Thus why our installer will create an instance named servername\EPOSERVER.

there are alot of other security benifits to using a seperate instance as well.

That's what I would prefer really, but when I run the installer, I get this message...

errorepo2.jpg

Which I guess is because SQL Express is already installed.

How can I get it to run the SQL installer and add/set up the standard epo instance in this case?

Appreciate any help.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

The only option would be to run the SQL Express installer beforehand and manually set up the instance. By default, the ePO installer will call the instance "EPOSERVER" but you can name it whatever you want. Then, once the new instance is installed, run the ePO installer again and choose to install the ePO Db to that newly created instance.

Sorry, that takes me back to my original question.  I did do that and set up a new instance called epodb.  Then I got the error.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 7

When you get the "minimum requirements message" check the %temp%\McAfeeLogs\EPO450-Install-MSI.log for any additional messages.

Okay guys, my bad

I looked at the SQL configuration in the SQL Server Configuration Manager.  The instance I had created called epodb had the TCP/IP Protocol set to disabled by default.

Not sure why?

In any case, I set it to enabled, restarted the mssql instance service and then re-ran the installed from scratch and its working.

Thanks for your help with this.