cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clasha
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

installing anti-virus on EPO server exclusions ?

Hi, I have an EPO server that also runs OTP and some EPO extensions like EMM and encryption and I want to install VSE on the EPO server but I can't find the documentation on the recommended settings, exclusions, etc.  Anyone know where to find that?  I am running EPO 5.1.  Last things I need is AV server getting infected :-)

Thanks

6 Replies

Re: installing anti-virus on EPO server exclusions ?

Take a look at this link, it has the reccomended exclusions for certain McAfee products and various types of servers:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66909

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Just my opinion: but if you don't want the AV server getting infected, then you should not be looking for exclusions. Instead, you should only be adding an exclusion if you find a particular problem: it's very dangerous to automatically add "recommended" exclusions, as you can bet the malware writers are delighted with such a concept

Regards -

Joe

clasha
Level 9
Message 4 of 7

I don't want to install VSE and find out that it is breaking EPO or OTP.  You have to know if there are settings required to avoid have server issues.  I tried the link listed earlier but I don't see anything that pertains specifically to installing mcafee agent and VSE on the EPO server itself.

I agree with Bidgood, but at the same time if you don't put any exclusions in VSE your going to have a good amount of stuff blocked.

There are a couple different ways you can setup VSE though. For OAS, you can create Default/High/Low processes policy, and breakout certain exclusions there. Read up on it here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB55139.

Then you can also setup a ODS scan with no/minor exclusions and see what comes back.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

I may have misunderstood - I took your post to mean that you were expecting to have problems, and so wanted to put exclusions in place first. My apologies if that's not what you meant.

If that is what you meant, then, well, we disagree

Regards -

Joe

clasha
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

Well, some applications will break if you install VSE as anti-virus will block some file types etc...hence the ability to use exclusions/exceptions.  I guess the question is if I install anti-virus on the EPO server which also runs OTP will it break any of these applications ?  Are there any exceptions required when running VSE on the EPO server ?