cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install virus scan agent through client tasks in ePO

Hi

I am new to ePO 4.6

I have two question

1- do I need to instlal the mcafee epo agent on the server where I install the epo........?

2- I can see the VirusScan Enterprise (Evaluation version) under the master package repository.

Now I want to install the virus scan client package to my windows 7 machine. How can I do that...?

Please reply.

Rashid

client task.png

7 Replies
meforum
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: install virus scan agent through client tasks in ePO

No offense, but I really would recommend toread the ePO install guide and then the VSE install guide first. I think allyour questions answered there. If not, check out the product guides for ePO and VSE.

Thanks

I was missing that

create a new task to install the virus scan on windows 7 machine.

THanks

1. Do I need to install the mcafee epo agent on the server where I install the epo?

Ans: Yes, you have to !

2. I can see the VirusScan Enterprise (Evaluation version) under the master package repository.

Ans: Yes, you can find All version information in your Master repository

3. I want to install the virus scan client package to my windows 7 machine. How can I do that?

Ans: Create New Prodct Deploymet Client Task with proper Tagging as per your requirments. ( see attached Snap for your reference)

Client Task Tag selection.jpg

Highlighted
meforum
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 8

Tushar Kotwal schrieb:

1. Do I need to install the mcafee epo agent on the server where I install the epo?

Ans: Yes, you have to !

why? Technically you don't need the McAfee Agent (MA) on your ePO server. The main reason to install MA on your ePO is to install VSE on your ePO, too.

Its Simple as your ePO Servers also needs protections like your all other servers and workstations in your environment. The ePO server also is a machine and can be added into the ePO system tree under either at 'My organization' or at any sub-directories  of ePO system tree. and  ePO server is also machine like other client machines.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your support.

1- Lets move one step forward. I want to implement the security policies on installed virus scan console at client end.?

1-1 Like user can't stop the virus scan.

1-2 can't change the settings/configuration parameters.

and at the end. 

while upgrading the virus scan from master repository. did the client download the contents from internet or ePO server download the contents ( saved where..?) and send the contents when requested by client.

Please advise.

1-1 Like user can't stop the virus scan.

1-2 can't change the settings/configuration parameters.

for above both you can make a policy see below snaps.

UI Password Policy.jpg

With this UI Policy you can stop users to access your VSE Settings. aslo with below Policy in Access protection will helps to Protect stop Mcafee Services.

Access Protection Policy.jpg

and for while upgrading the virus scan from master repository. did the client download the contents from internet or ePO server download the contents ( saved where..?) and send the contents when requested by client.

Kindly check ePO Manual and Configer your Resositories. as client download the contents from Local Repositories but if you not configer Local Repository then your all clients will take updates from ePO Server.

hope below Video and Link will helpful for you.

http://www.networkt.co.uk/add-a-distributed-repository-in-epolicy-orchestrator/

https://community.mcafee.com/videos/1106

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator