Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r00bid
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

how to use dlp extension in McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.0.1 Console

I have installed Mcfee Codfmplete Data Protection Advanced Suite, the run Launch McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.0.1 Console, and also complete software deployment, but  nowi do not know to add client t?I have installed Mcfee Complete Data Protection Advanced Suite, the run Launch McAfee ePolicy Orchcsdsdssadestrator 5.0.1 Console, and also complete software deployment, but  nowi do not know to add client tI have installed Mcfee Complete Data Protection Advanced Suite, the run Launch McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.0.1 Console, and also complete software deployment, but  nowi do not know to add client t??

8 Replies
Hayton
Level 18
Message 2 of 9

Re: how to use dlp extension in McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.0.1 Console

You posted in the Consumer section. I've moved this to Business/ePO for attention.

Hello,

You need to install ePO McAfee Agent on client to reflect in ePO console. If its there than check Agent_MachineName.log file for errors.

r00bid
Level 7
Message 4 of 9

hi,

which one: ePo orchestrator or Mcfee Agent? are they different products?

thank you

Morning,

I assume you have epolicy orchestrator installed. Once ePO has been installed you need to deploy McAfee Agent to to the clients, I will recommend MA 4.8 patch 2.

When the Machine is managed, you need to install the extension in ePO. To do that please download the DLP Package and unzip it, you will find a folder called  TAG_MGMT_9_3_200. Then you go to ePO:

Menu --> Software --> Extensions --> Install extension and select the Package previously unzipped. Then you will see under menú a new tab called Data Protection where you can manage your DLP (Policies and events)

After all the previous steps, now you need to add the DLP agent to the master repository:

From the previous Package downloaded (DLP 9.3 Package) after the Package has been unzipped, you will find a folder called  TAG_AGENT_9_3_200. Then you go to ePO:

Menu --> Software --> Master repository --> Check Package and select the Package in the previous folder

Once the Package is in your master repository then you need to deploy to the client creating a McAfee Agent Deployment task and selecting DLP as a product.

Best regards,

José María

Hello,

McAfee Agent to communicate to ePO console

r00bid
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

hi,

thanks Maria, but in Software-->Extension data prevention lost version 9.3 is installed but when go to DLP Policy the following error display:

Please reopen this page in order to see its content. (error when opening Host Data Loss Prevention in ePO)

my browser is chrome, should I  change google chrome setting?

Hi,

Chrome browser is not supported.

Please make sure you using a supported browser

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68147

Best regards,

José María

r00bid
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

I have set rule in dlp policy and create device rule and device definition(Removal Storage Access File Access rule). then I applied it to ePo and completed with a warning.

Now I want to know how can I assign  this policy to one of computer in system tree as a client where its managed state is unmanaged?

I want to block copying pdf files in removable device in the specified client computer.