cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlos41512
Level 7

how to migrate EPO server 5.3.2 to another server

Jump to solution

Good Day...i am planning to migrate our epo server version 5.3.2(physical server) to another server (Virtual)..we have more than 400 PC clients managed by the server with very important DLP policies..i already installed the epo 5.3.2 to new server..i would like to ask some help or step by step manual regarding in this migration to minimized error in the process...hoping for quick and best procedure....i would like also to know if it is okay to change to virtual server environment.

Thanks and Best regards...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: how to migrate EPO server 5.3.2 to another server

Jump to solution

KB82808 is helpful if you are upgrading at the same time.  KB87976 discusses using the disaster recovery snapshot feature.  KPD26432 is the epo best practices guide and discusses using epo in a virtual environment.  The product guide for epo also discusses transferring systems from one server to another if you already have a parallel server set up.

3 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Discussion successfully moved from Support Forums to ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

KB82808 is helpful if you are upgrading at the same time.  KB87976 discusses using the disaster recovery snapshot feature.  KPD26432 is the epo best practices guide and discusses using epo in a virtual environment.  The product guide for epo also discusses transferring systems from one server to another if you already have a parallel server set up.

carlos41512
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply ​ , i am able to add new server in our existing server and successfully transfer some clients and policies. Hopefully i can fully transfer all necessary datas in the new server...

additional info: both running in epo 5.3.2, old server 2012R2/ new server is in virtual 2016 epo 5.3.2

DLP 10