cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to block usb devices

How to Block USB Storages devices from McAfee epo. Now i'm using mcafee endpoint security my epo version 5.0

8 Replies

Re: how to block usb devices

Hi,

You need to use McAfee Host Data Loss Prevention or Device Control to do that

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/24000/PD24536/en_US/...

Best regards,

Jose

i have checked on software manager there are only data lost prevention but i can't find device control. i had checked in this exension dlp.

After DLP checkedin completed i had checked on menu there are added data protection but not found device control and i had try to click i had seen

Data Protection

DLP Policy

Hi,

It is the same product. Data los prevention is the full Package and Device control is the same but with less functionalities, so if you have Data los prevention you dont need to check if you have Device control.

For the error that you see, it can be that you using IE11 that is not supported for the latest Data loss prevention version.

Best regards,

Jose

i want to use only device control how to use this ?

Hi,

Then you need to get Device control or use Host data los prevention only the Device protection rules and omit the others ones.

Regards,

Jose

i want to block usb devices except keyboard, mouse, lock, printer, scanner. i want to block mobile charging too. i have a domain and non domain environment. more than 200 pcs are not connected to domain on my branch office and more than 700 systems are connected to domain. So i want to control devices domain and non domain environment. how to block non domain environment.

Well the Machines can be added to epo, you should install the agent selecting the correct workgroup. Then you should apply the Device control policies by Machines instead of users.

Best regards,

Jose

tauhs
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 9

If you have trouble accessing DLP after it is installed, Right click IE and open as Admin, that will fix being able to see DLP console and policies. For some reason, not using the admin IE blocks a lot IE visibility.