Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jeri
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

hotfix question for ePO 5.9.1 upgrade from 5.1.3

Jump to solution
I just upgraded our ePO instance from version 5.1.3 to 5.9.1. I found 2 lists of hotfixes for 5.9.1. Which do I follow, or are hotfixes cumulative? "ePolicy Orchestrator 5.9.x Known Issues" (https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87673) has several hotfixes listed which should be installed. It lists "ePO 5.9.1 and 5.3.3 Hotfix 1248224 (GA) (HF1248224)", but that is not available under the downloads page. The notes state that 1248224 supersedes HF 1238521. There are other hotfixes available under the downloads, however. -- "Install - EPO5xHF1229850 Version 5.9.1.1229850" -- "Install - EPO5xHF1241557 Version 5.9.1.1241557" The others are in both 2 lists. Thanks!
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: hotfix question for ePO 5.9.1 upgrade from 5.1.3

Jump to solution
Not all hotfixes are cumulative for epo - if they are, it would say that it supercedes another. You would need to read the release notes for what it resolves to determine if you need it or not. For example, an apache upgrade hotfix for vulnerability may have more than one, so you would look at the version it installs - the latest is the one you want. Otherwise, the hotfixes only fix certain things, so they would need to be installed. This is one you definitely want before you try any sha migration. https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90182

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution
I would go by what is available on the download site and what it resolves, as vulnerabilities aren't necessarily in the known issues kb and not every hotfix always makes it into the known issues.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

5 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution
Not all hotfixes are cumulative for epo - if they are, it would say that it supercedes another. You would need to read the release notes for what it resolves to determine if you need it or not. For example, an apache upgrade hotfix for vulnerability may have more than one, so you would look at the version it installs - the latest is the one you want. Otherwise, the hotfixes only fix certain things, so they would need to be installed. This is one you definitely want before you try any sha migration. https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB90182

Was my reply helpful?

Jeri
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you!  That answered my question about cumulative hotfixes.  There were 3 for java and 2 for naimserv.dll so the later one just replaced the first ones.  I probably could have installed just the latest ones but the release notes did not mention any obsolete or superceded HFs.

The second question was about what to use as the official list of hotfixes to apply. Do I go by the 'Known Issues' KB, or the list of available hotfixes for a version from the contentsecurity.mcafee.com site?  The lists are not the same.

Thanks!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution
I would go by what is available on the download site and what it resolves, as vulnerabilities aren't necessarily in the known issues kb and not every hotfix always makes it into the known issues.

Was my reply helpful?

Jeri
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you for your quick responses and assistance.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution
Always glad to assist!

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community