cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help upgrading to epo 4.5 Patch 5

My organization uses a split configuration.  They are on 4.5 Patch 3 (937).  I just got here and am planning getting Patch 5 installed.  In the configuration guide that we have it says that I need to grant a SQL account local logon rights before I do the upgrade, which doesn't seem necessary to me as I am fairly sure that patch 5 has nothing to do with SQL and the fact that the SQL server is on a completely different machine so I dont see what giving it logon rights to the ePO server is going to do...  Anyone have any experience with this?

2 Replies

Re: help upgrading to epo 4.5 Patch 5

You need a login to access the ePO database (Windows or SQL user):

The account used to upgradeePolicy Orchestrator must have rights to:

•Create a new database, set permissions on tables and stored procedures, and create SQL Jobs.

•Modify, Delete, Rename, Create, Use, Read, Write, Change Permissions, on any, and/or all, Tables, Stored Procedures, Columns, Rows, Fields, Views on the Master, TempDB, MSDB, and ePO Database.

These abilities are given to these roles:

•SQL administrator (SA)

•DB_OwnerThe

In the windows SQL server you don't need access.

Re: help upgrading to epo 4.5 Patch 5

Patch upgrades invariably need to make changes to the db as described above to resolve issues addressed in the patch, hence the requirement.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community