cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help please! virusscan 8.8 and agent 4.6 won't push to all machines

Jump to solution

hi all

epo is driving me mad with many things but can someone please help me with why i can't get virusscan 8.8 and mcafee agent 4.6 pushed to all machines?

the policies are all set up in 8.8. some machines have the 4.6 agent set up.

some won't see it! same with virusscan.

i have done the update again last night and predictably today it hasn't pushed out.

i really need this resolved. i am not sure what on earth i have done incorrectly, but it seems a bit odd to me that some machines get it and some don't.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: help please! virusscan 8.8 and agent 4.6 won't push to all machines

Jump to solution

Hem, the link you provided goes to kb.mcafee.com, which requires a paid account.  Most users on Community are working Enterprise liscenses and don't have personal accounts with kb.mcafee.com.  Do you have another link to the kc.mcafee version?

Also, I'm having the same issues myself.  After weeks of troubleshooting, the one thing I've noticed is that running locally on a system as domain admin, I'm able to do manual installs or push from the ePO with no issue.  When I just try and push from the ePO while not logged into the target system as Domain Admin, I'm receiving install issues.

12 Replies
hem
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

To push the agent to the client machines, the machine should meet the environmental requirement as per kB#: KB56386. If agent is deployed then to deploy VSE, we need to have product deployment task created.

Jump to solution

sorry, i already have an agent installed, (4.5) and i went through and tried to do product deployment again as per other techies notes. also the link posted didn't work for me

bzielin
Level 10
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

Permission issue or do you have the temp folder in your enviornment variable?

Jump to solution

Hi, there shouldn't be any permission problems as I am the admin. I have all the packages in the current branch in the master repository. is that what you mean? I went and checked again this morning and ePo has not updated all machines to 4.6. agent and virusscan 8.8.

Jump to solution

i have it all set up in the assigned client tasks, after creating the new client task and choosing product deployment and the correct packages.

Jump to solution

Hem, the link you provided goes to kb.mcafee.com, which requires a paid account.  Most users on Community are working Enterprise liscenses and don't have personal accounts with kb.mcafee.com.  Do you have another link to the kc.mcafee version?

Also, I'm having the same issues myself.  After weeks of troubleshooting, the one thing I've noticed is that running locally on a system as domain admin, I'm able to do manual installs or push from the ePO with no issue.  When I just try and push from the ePO while not logged into the target system as Domain Admin, I'm receiving install issues.

hem
Level 15
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

Jump to solution

thanks - yes, the mad thing is that i am domain admin and it did it!

ok no for some reason after i redid it all - the client tasks and assignments i mean - it has WORKED. what the?!

ePo 4.6.3 is a pain to negotiate and troubleshoot.

thank you very much for reading and replying, fellow n3rds. i hope i can help someone out in future.

bzielin
Level 10
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

now show the column to be transferred. do you see a Java lang error.