Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JLDT
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

export permission set with name & users from ePO 5.3.2

Hi,

I'm moving from ePO 5.3.2 to ePO 5.10 and i want to export the existing permission sets in order to import them in the new ePO.

I tried to use the "Export all" feature to create XML and then import the file on the new ePO. Works well... except that Name & Users are empty : no user account, no active directory group are imported.

Do you know if there is a way to export this content (Name & Users) or do I have to go through each permission sets and add Active Directory group after import ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

1 Reply
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: export permission set with name & users from ePO 5.3.2

No, you would have to create the users manually, then assign appropriate permission sets. Users in epo are not exportable.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community