cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gyana
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

epo server consuming more bandwith for agent communication over the WAN.

Hello all,

There is a senario with single epo server 5.0 include agent handler . most of the users are over the wan, all users are connecting to epo server using public ip which I asigned in epo server.

whenever client are triying to connect epo server update it consuming lots of network bandwith.

Please suggest if any solutions you find......

5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Message 2 of 6

Re: epo server consuming more bandwith for agent communication over the WAN.

As you would get no product help in Community Interface I moved  this to Business > ePO for better support.

It might be helpful to know what you consider "lots of bandwidth" to be.

My guess would be that there is more than simply Agent communication going on. Are you also distributing DAT files, patches, and/or full installations? Or you could be replicating content out to distributed repositories.

--Joel

gyana
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

Hello,

Yes,I think  you are right.Would  you please provide me all the step for creating distrubuted repository. through (http,ftp,unc)..

Thanks,

Gyan

I believe those procedures are each fairly well documented in the ePO Product Guide (any version since 4.0).

I might also suggest you consider the Super Agent variety of distributed repository as well. That might be quicker/easier than setting up a web server, ftp server, or mulling over UNC permissions.

--Joel

gyana
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

Hello Joel,

Can you please help me, Another senario there is an AD server all clients are include DCSERVER.

I have tried to add client one by one,while trying agent communicate to server for update it fails.Because here few systems are allowed internet access others are blocked by GPO(group policy object).

Those machines are allowed internet access its McAfee agent working fine.

How other machine communicate epo server for update?