cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

epo db backup and restore

Hello

i am not much familar with sql, please guide me the syntax to backup sql and restore.

I am planning to migrate ePO4.5 on windows server 2003 x86, SQL 2005 to a VM  on windows server 2008 x64 R2 and SQL 2008 R2 and go with ePO4.6

I tried to backup sql using OSQL command but it is giving me errors.

My Physical machine hostname is AVS, Database name : EPODB

osql -E -S ePO4_AVS\EPODB -n -Q "BACKUP DATABASE  [EPODB] TO DISK = 'C:\backup.bak' WITH INIT,SKIP" (please correct this syntax)

and also please guide me the syntax to restore.

The new VM will also have the same old hostname and the same DB name and i want to export the database on SQL 2008 R2

osql -E -S ePO4_AVS\EPODB -Q "RESTORE DATABAE ePO4_AVS FROM DISK='C:\backup\backup.bak' WITH MOVE 'ePO4_AVS TO

'c:\SQL\data\ePO4_AVS.mdf' , MOVE 'ePO4_AVS_log' TO 'c:\SQL\data\ePO4_AVS.ldf'" (correct the syntax please)

3 Replies
hem
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: epo db backup and restore

SQL mangement studio will give you GUI to backup and store the DB. Please look at KB#: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52126&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

can you please correct the syntax

alexn
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Also follow, KB66616 for upgrade to a new machine when system types are different, its really important that you are transferring ePo from x86 to x64, so you must be carefull and follow exactly according to KB.