i installed mcafee epo 5.3.2 and content security reporter 2.3 on microsoft server 2012 r2 with the following specs :
1- 8GB RAM
2- 200 GB of HD
3- 4 core cpu
and i have configured the mwg to push the access logs to mcafee content security and the logs was pussed successfully , but after 2 weeks , the epo console became very slow and take time to show the web report dashboard . and sometimes the epo consol hang and show this message " long time running scripts" .
i tried to reboot the server but this does not solve the problem
Start with the orion.log as it might be sql related.
Make sure that your SQL maintenance plan is running w/o error:
Recommended maintenance plan for ePolicy Orchestrator databases using SQL Server Management Studio
Performance issues with ePO and SQL on systems running more than one CPU
Hello, Now that you identified memory, cpu and disk we need a little bit more. Are you running a dedicated sql backend or sql express? Any other products installed in ePO? Systems you are managing?
- SQL should be defined to use 2/3rds memory and not all of the memory (default for sql)
- The perceived and actual performance issues felt within the ePO application can be caused by an actual bog down on the back-end (SQL) or on an under-powered front end or both.
The server should boot without any noticeable performance issues. Rebooting the server is not a real world solution but I understand that you are trying to figure out where the issue is. You could run perfmon on both servers and look for cache and page faults. Sustained performance in the 80% range is not good.
2. Select Performance Monitor
3. Click the green + sign
4. Scroll to the Memory category
5. Select only the Cache Faults/Sec item, then click add
6. Select only the Page Faults/Sec item, then click add.
7. Click OK
Hope that gets you on a better track.
thank you for your reply ..
i have installed epo with the express sql , and mcafee content security reporter installed on the same server as epo .
Do i need to install the epo on separate server from content security reporter ?