cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

epo AD account password change

Jump to solution

We got ePo 4.6.

For installing agents on workstations we use AD account "epo" (account is set as local admin in all AD workstations).

AD policy sets, that password for AD users must be changed every 150 days. So I was resetting that password, because when password expired mcafee agents could not update and so on.

What happens if i installed through epo console agents with user epo and password "abcabcabc123" , but now i change password to "edcedcedc456" ?

It's scaring me, because I dont't want, that all our 3000 workstations just stop working and will be left without mcafee protection ?

Message was edited by: malvism on 4/4/12 1:49:17 AM CDT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: epo AD account password change

Jump to solution

Hi malvism, when you install McAfee Agent on a computer then its service (McAfee Service) is installed as local system so don't worry about changing this password

5 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi Malvism,

No need to scare just ans my question do u able to login to ur ePO console after the AD password change ?

Just enter the configuration page and apply the new AD password and test the DB

Procedure:

1) enter the following URL on your IE browser HTTPS://<ePO server Name>:8443/core /config

2) it will display the information about ur ePO server name instance etc

3)kindly enter the new AD password and click the test connection

4) kindly apply the settings after the successfull testing and reboot your McAfee ePO server

5)now the credentilas will be added to your McAfee ePO database and you can able to deploy clients etc with the new AD credentials

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think you problalby misunderstood my question.

To ePo console I am logging through local epo console administritor (not AD user).

Bet when I select on system -> deploy agent -> i enter these AD user credentials.

The question - is these AD installation credentials stored and used after installation on workstations? Does workstation can work after the "epo" user password is changed?

Jump to solution

Hi Malvism,

surely it will works as said by Ulyses 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi malvism, when you install McAfee Agent on a computer then its service (McAfee Service) is installed as local system so don't worry about changing this password

Jump to solution

thanks, thats what i wanted to know

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.