cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

epo 5.9.1 doesnt show VirusScan as a deployable product

Jump to solution

running the trial version of epo 5.9.1 and checked in all the VisruScan Enterprise 8 components.

When I go to create new deployment  it doesnt give me the option of VirusScan. Any idesa what I've did wrong.?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 8 of 9

Re: epo 5.9.1 doesnt show VirusScan as a deployable product

Jump to solution

Sounds good.  ENS has much more capabilities than VirusScan, so that is a better option in the long run.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

8 Replies
McAfee Employee aguevara
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi joebhoy,

Do you see the Virus scan package Install on the master repository? it should look similar to this

VirusScan Enterprise
Install
1/23/18 3:55:36 PM GMT
Licensed
Current

Jump to solution

No - I don't see that in the MR. I only see the Patch and Language pack. I dont have the option to check in an install package in software manager.

This is the evaluation I am am running, does that matter ?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Evaluation of epo?  Do you have a grant number?  If so, go to the download page https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/my-products.html

Once you log in with grant number, you will see section for license key.  Once you get that, go to epo console, server settings, license key and add it there.  Then once you go to software manager, refresh and it should pull your products.  You can also download the installer from the download site and check it in manually.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

No, I don't have a grant number. Is this something I can get if I'm not a McAfee customer yet ?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

No, unfortunately not.  In software manager under the section software by label, endpoint security, do you see VirusScan there, or Endpoint Security?  You might have to test with Endpoint security if that is available rather than VirusScan.  You can post a screenshot of what options you have if you like.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

I see both, VirusScan just doesen't have the installer when I check them in. I will just try the endpoint secuirty in that case.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Sounds good.  ENS has much more capabilities than VirusScan, so that is a better option in the long run.

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

That will happen if you check in a patch instead of the full install.  Make sure you have the install type package checked in, as previous response indicated.

Was my reply helpful?