cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smalldog
Level 12

epo 4.6.4 install rolling back

Jump to solution

Hi All, I install epo 4.6.4 on w2k8 R2 but have problem with rolling back (4.6.3 with the same problems). the error "the wizard was interrupted before mcafee epolicy orchestrator could be installed" Please see attach file. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
smalldog
Level 12

Re: epo 4.6.4 install rolling back

Jump to solution

I can install epo with restore default settings on windows server 2008 R2. Thanks Rob!

0 Kudos
25 Replies
rackroyd
Level 16

Jump to solution

Ignore these Index warnings, that's just Sql having a grumble and would not stop the installer.

install:
     [echo] Install called for EPOCore (version 4.6.4.202)
     [echo] EPOCore:Install Start running SQL

[execute-sql] WARN: Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'IX_EPOPolicySettings_TypeIDName' has maximum length of 1028 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.
[execute-sql] WARN: Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'IX_EPOPolicySettings_Name' has maximum length of 1024 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.
[execute-sql] WARN: Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'PK_EPOAlertAliasMapping' has maximum length of 1530 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.
[execute-sql] WARN: Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'IX_EPONotificationLog_BranchNodePath' has maximum length of 1024 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.
[execute-sql] WARN: Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index 'IX_EPONotificationLog_ReceivedProductFamilies' has maximum length of 2048 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.

From the data provided this is the apparent point of failure:

BUILD FAILED
C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\server\extensions\installed\EPOCore\4.6.4.202\install.xml:20: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column name 'tagid'.

Which would suggest something very odd in the DB, as that (tagid) is not an expected column name of any ePO table as far as I know.

Perhaps you are trying to use an existing Sql instance.

Make sure if this is a clean install attempt that all prior instances of the ePO database are removed first.

Rgds,

Rob

0 Kudos
smalldog
Level 12

Jump to solution

Thanks Rob, this is fresh install. I tried remove database and reinstall that still rolling back action. Maybe reinstall OS and try again?

0 Kudos
smalldog
Level 12

Jump to solution

I can install epo with restore default settings on windows server 2008 R2. Thanks Rob!

0 Kudos
priyankay
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Rackroyd.,

I am facing the same issue regarding ePO installation.

I tried to install it in different wys but ican't

Its a fresh installaion.

I am attching the logs kindly have a look on it..

Is there any poblem with the database ,server config or with the ePO setup..??

error epo.png

error.png

Message was edited by: priyankay on 5/31/13 6:29:00 AM CDT
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Have you tried to run windows update before installation  epo?

0 Kudos
priyankay
Level 7

Jump to solution

No yesterday only we loaded OS into the server and morning we tried t install..

We didnt try any windows updates

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I recomend windows update, check this please.

0 Kudos
priyankay
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just now we updated Windows we will try installation now... Hope this time it wil work

0 Kudos
priyankay
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi ..,

Even we tried after windows update but same roll back action happened...

0 Kudos