cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

epo 4.5 bug with firefox when editing virusscan 8.5 policies

Whenever I try to edit or create a policy in EPO 4.5 (build 753) with Firefox 3.5.8 for VirusScan Enterprise 8.5.0 -> Default Process Policies

It pops up a "share/Duplicate" item and that's it.

Even the default policy does this when trying to view it.

If I use IE7, then it flashes "share/duplicate" for a few seconds and then it takes me into the "normal" set of screens that I would expect.

Can anyone else duplicate?

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: epo 4.5 bug with firefox when editing virusscan 8.5 policies

Yes, although I'm a bit confused as to why the fix is a hotpatch for VirusScan Enterprise 8.5

VSE 8.5 shouldn't have anything to do with that, IMO.

But I will give it a try and see what happens.

I am assuming it's VSE 8.5i on the workstation using the web browser (how odd that VSE only "breaks" Firefox and IE8 and not IE7).

Well, I guess now I won't try it as our portal account at McAfee only lets me get VSE 8.7.x stuff and not 8.5.x anymore.

Sigh.

I'm still working in getting the hotfix.  My guess is it's a hotfix for the extension as opposed to VSE itself.  I submitted an SR referencing the KB article and the Hotifix and I got a reply back to enable logging and run the MER tool.  Really?  It's your own KB and specified hotfix!

Message was edited by: woodsjw on 3/4/10 10:56:29 AM GMT-08:00

You have to request the hotfix by opening an SR with McAfee support.  I have received the hotfix and I can verify that it is an update to the VSE8.5 extension in the ePO console, not an upgrade to the VSE8.5 product itself.  I can also tell you that it has fixed this problem for me.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community