Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user47
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

epo 4.5 and mcafee 8.7 for offline users

is there a way or process for installing mcafee 8.7 on my remote machines. I have a handful of remote computers that only visit the office once and while. I want to put 8.7 on a disc with the proper frame work so that i can install the client wiht the proper epo setttings so the machines are covered. Is there a way to do this? This way the machines will already be covered when the come into the office

where do i find the installer for the framework and the 8.7 client for install on my server to give to my remote users?

I know with trend micro you can just create a simple installer disc using a packaged tool but i cant seem to find anything like that with EPO.

1 Reply

Re: epo 4.5 and mcafee 8.7 for offline users

McAfee has a similar tool.  Use your grant number to get Installation Designer v8.7.

https://secure.nai.com/apps/downloads/my_products/login.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise

Though, I don't know if it will package the framework into one tidy little package.  On the disc that you send the users; you may need to include, separately, a copy of the framepkg.exe (framework install binary) file from your ePO server and a script to install it manually.

Regards,

Mark

on 12/15/09 4:00:44 PM EST