cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danpotter
Level 7

epo 4.5 - Active directory sync setup "select active directory container" Loading....

Hi All,

Is anyone experiencing a long wait time when selecting the container to use in AD?  Even pointed to a local dc it takes 15 minutes or more to load the tree.

I have used both the registered ldap server and direct to server with the same result. Odd thing is if I enter a bad password it will try to authenticate and fail in less than a second so I know it's connecting to the dc quickly.

Also on the same note, rather than wait for the node to select I wrote out the ou path and the syncronize task will fail. It won't sync unless you actually select the node. I have over 30 mapping points to setup so this could take awhile as is!

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Bohjaaa
Level 7

Re: epo 4.5 - Active directory sync setup "select active directory container" Loading....

Hi,

I am experiancing exactly the same in our new ePO 4.5 environment

I have also used registred LDAP server (to DNS domain name or direct server or to IP4) and configure server in the AD sync setting

Loading of the Active Directory container list takes up to 30 minutes!

I have around 400 mapping points!

I really need this solved.

Did you solved it at this moment??

0 Kudos
danpotter
Level 7

Re: epo 4.5 - Active directory sync setup "select active directory container" Loading....

Unfortunately not. They eventually told me patch 2 would fix it but low and behold I have another ticket open because patch 2 fails to install. I've pretty much given up calling support is the same old scenario collect logs and wait. Testing trendmicro...

0 Kudos