cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePo version to manage different virusscan versions?

Hi

We are new to ePO and will be installing our first ePO server shortly. My question is with regards ePO version. In our institution we have a mix of VirusScan versions. Some workstations are at VirusScan Enterprise version 8.0 and some at version 8.7. Obviously 8.0 is end of life at the end of the year and we are progressively upgrading to 8.7. ePO version 4.0 managed VS versions 8.0 and 8.5 where ePO 4.5 manages VS versions 8.5 and 8.7.

If, as we intend, we go with ePO version 4.5, what will we be able to do/manage with VirusScan 8.0 clients? Will we be able to upgrade these clients with ePO 4.5?

Many Thanks for any assistance

Regards
Mike
2 Replies

RE: ePo version to manage different virusscan versions?

I know this doesn't apply to your question as you never mentioned prior versions of ePO, but I am using ePO 3.6.1 P4 to manage all three VSE versions (8.0i, 8.5i and 8.7i) and it is perfectly capable doing so. The problem with this is; 3.6.1 is going End of Support at the end of this year. Sorry I can't help you further, but I have no experience with any other ePO versions in my production environment. Good luck on your quest.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/enterprise/support/customer_service/end_life.html

Regards,

Mark

RE: ePo version to manage different virusscan versions?

As long as you can deploy the agent to them (which you will need to do anyway) and have a task setup to install VScan whatever version then when the v8.0 clients pick up the policy they will uninstall v8.0 and install whichever newer version you have setup in your deployment task.