cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePo 4.0.0

Hello,

I've recently installed ePo 4.0.1 (Build: 1221) (We were running ProtestionPilot) on our server and am now trying to push out the installtion of VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0i. I've pulled the package in correctly as this is shown in the master repositry.

However, once the installation of 8.7 has been completed the client is no longer compliant. Its seems that only machines that still have 8.5 are. How do I get Epo to see that 8.7 versions should be complaint?

I read through quite a bit of the manual before sending this message, and do apologies if I did just miss something.

Your help on this is appreciated.
3 Replies
xilog
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

RE: ePo 4.0.0

If I remember this properly, you need to also check in the 8.7 extensions. (Though I can't remember how to do this off the top of my head and don't currently have access to a console, sorry.)

xilog is right, in the VSE870lml.zip package you will find a file called VIRUSSCAN8700.zip.
You have to chechk this file through the Config option->Extensions->Add new extension and then your systems will show compliant

Hi,

Thank you both for your responses. My system is now showing as complaint.

Kind Regards
Sharlene
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community