cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO361p4 not running on console

Hi

I recently successfully applied Patch 4 (3.6.1.255) to my ePolicy Orchestrator Server 3.6.1.220. Therefore i also wanted to upgrade my Remote Console from 3.6.1.220 to 3.6.1.255 as indicated in the ReadMe (http://s-download.mcafee.com/corporate/products/protected/ePO/version_3.6.1_Patch_04/ePO361P4.html?_...). Running Setup, i get a Error Message indicating this Patch only to be run on ePO 3.6.0 and cancelling setup. However, running the console, version label shows '3.6.1.255'. Do i really need to downgrade first? Do i really need to run Patch 4 on the console?

Thank you
Markus
5 Replies

ePO361p4 not running on console

Hi,

First, where did you get this patch?
I´m having many troubles to install this patch on the same version... 3.6.1.220.
The file is corrupted, where I got it (https://mysupport.mcafee.com/eservice/DownloadSoftwareList.aspx).

I cannot find other place to get it.
Can you help me to download this file?

About the installation patch procedure for the console, I know nothing. I don´t know which files contain in this patch.

Thanks for any responce.

RE: ePO361p4 not running on console

Hi

I 've got it at the same site as you and it worked for the server but not for the console.

Markus

Thanks

Thanks Marcus,

I´ll try again...

Knowing something about your issues, I post it.
Did you try to unistall the ePO Console and install it through the patch?

Wagner

I didn 't

Wagner

Until now, i did not uninstall the console. I would wonder if the Patch would run without any console installed.

Markus

Appropriate rights missing

Hi

Because of the error message i did not notice insufficent rights. However, i was using an administrator account but probably restricted by policies on the network. I don't know the details. After getting full local rights, installation was successfull.

Thank you Wagner for help.

Markus
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community