Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tls4
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

ePO with SQL 2005 virtual server

Hi All,

Can we migrate the current SQL 2005 DB for ePO application to SQL 2005 Virtual server

is there any complexities or dificulties?

Thnaks
5 Replies
tls4
Level 7
Message 2 of 6

RE: ePO with SQL 2005 virtual server

no answers sad
Highlighted

I'm not sure what "SQL 2005 Virtual Server" is, but here is a list of supported environments for ePolicy Orchestrator:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51569&actp=search&searchid=1243016336250

Did you perhaps mean "Microsoft Virtual Server 2005"? If so, you'll notice from the above link that ePO 4.0.0 is supported under "Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2". (Looks like ePo 3.x is not supported, however)
tls4
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

I mean to put the database of the application on a virtual server thet is hosting SQL 2005

Microsoft currently doesn't support SQL 2005 when installed on a "virtual machine".
That is especially true when it's VMware. I run a virtualized ePO 4 server but the SQL database is real. AFAIK, McAfee will support that.

Joe

Looks like Microsoft has revised their policy and does provide technical support for SQL Server 2005/2008 that are running in some virtual environments:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=956893
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community