cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ePO upgrade to 5.10 from 5.3.3

Tried instructions from KB90222 MS link how to enable TLS by creating regkey DefaultSecureProtocols but ePIP still shows same warning about TLS incompatibility. Is there any other source that I can use to get better description ?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 18

What version of the epip tool are you running?  See KB89940 - that is just a warning.  If you have done the proper steps to reorder the cipher suite and the right protocols enabled, then you can try the upgrade.  You can use IISCrypto tool to verify things are in order.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

I am not getting 'SQL Server System RSA Compatibility' to which article KB89940 refers. As I know that issue is very common with 5.9.1 but not with 5.10

I am using ver 3.1.0.144 of Pre-Installation Auditor.

I am getting "Support TLS protocol for SQL Server communication'. But message about TLS doesn't even have status of warning. It stands for information in ePIP.

Tried that update yesterday from 5.3.2 to 5.10 and it failed without showing any error during upgrade. Just all changes were reverted and installation failed status at the end.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 18

We would need to see the install logs to determine cause of failure.  They can be located in

C:\ProgramData\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\InstallLogs.

I will send you my contact info in private message - please email them to me.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Currently working on update ePO on production box. ePOIP showed me zero errors but there are 2 warnings about what I am not sure:

1. Large database table+A5:D5s - checks the size of unbounded tables in database - Consider purging the data from following tables which has over 1 mln records : EPOEvent table has 2351149 records. OrionAuditLog table has 1807331 records. EPOProductEvents table has 5390643 records.

SQL Server needs significant reserve disk space to apply schema changes to these tables. These changes take significant time to complete, which causes the ePO upgrade to potentially run for many hours or fail.

What would be the most evective way to purge data from tables ?

2. Pending Windows tasks - Checks for any pending Windows tasks that might block your ePO upgrade. Following Windows tasks are scheduled on server : At1.job

As I checked we have that task scheduled in Task Scheduler for particular time once per 24hrs. Do I need to disable that task for update time or is it ok to leave it as it is since upgrade time will take place at other time than task is executed ?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 18

If you create a new server task, there are different purge options - client events, threat, audit log, server task logs, etc.  Those can be chained as one task to purge all the different types of events.

You don't have to disable the windows task if it is not set to run at the time your upgrade occurs.  Just be aware of that time in the event your upgrade happens to run into that time by any delays or longer install time.

Was my reply helpful?

Hi ArturXX,

Please follow KB87731, for  RSA compatibility check to get passed. This KB will redirect you to Microsoft site where some Cypher Suits will be shown. Just copy those to the Notepad, ending of each line should be with comma(,) and all the suits need to be in one line. Just follow the things mentioned in Microsoft site.(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3161639). In that under More Informtion section you will be getting to know how to perform this things on the SQL server. Try this it will enable the Cypher suits on the SQL server. I tried this for my ePO Upgadation from 5.3.2 to 5.3.3, and this worked for me and the check got completed successfully. 

Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 18

@Hemurali At last your questions were answered by cdinet. Keep going.

Regarding your question. Run the below query and then run the next script replacing the EventID.

SELECT ThreatEventID, Count(ThreatEventID) as Count FROM EPOEventsMT
GROUP BY ThreatEventID
ORDER By Count desc

====================

SET rowcount 10000
 DELETE FROM epoEvents
 WHERE threateventid = 'EventID'
 WHILE @@rowcount > 0
 BEGIN
    DELETE FROM epoEvents
    WHERE threateventid = 'EventID'
 END
 SET rowcount 0
 GO

Make sure you take a back up of the database prior to this task and also stop the services while you perform the above.

Regards,

Venu
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center