cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
becke
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

ePO - uninstall all versions of a product via client task?

Jump to solution

Is there a way to create a deployment task to remove all (or at least multiple versions) of a product?

If I try to add the same product more than once to a single task it complains. (ie, to add multiple remove statements for each version).

another issue I have is that if the copy of the product is sufficiently old that it's fallen out of the "previous" branch it's no longer available within ePO to specify for a remove task - am I meant to create a bunch of archive branches to hold old versions just so I can uninstall them?

is the correct response here to upgrade the product first so I can specify it for a remove task?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: ePO - uninstall all versions of a product via client task?

Jump to solution

is the correct response here to upgrade the product first so I can specify it for a remove task?

Paradoxically, that would probably be the easiest approach. The point product installers usually have the ability to handle many more versions of the product than you can hold in the repository, so a two-step approach of "upgrade everything to the latest version" followed by "uninstall the latest version" should cover it.

HTH -

Joe

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Paradoxically, that would probably be the easiest approach. The point product installers usually have the ability to handle many more versions of the product than you can hold in the repository, so a two-step approach of "upgrade everything to the latest version" followed by "uninstall the latest version" should cover it.

HTH -

Joe

justav
Level 9
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Gonna add to it that some upgrades of the 8.8 fail due to the mix-in of the W8/2012 version as P3.

So if you had like VSE 8.8 RTW installed you cant upgrade straight forward to P4 without installing P1 first. (and even I have seen that failing a few times).

Now I can imagine that uninstalling will have commonly issues.

Just my addition to the topic...  (PS: mostly the Remove task works just fine on VSE P4)

becke
Level 9
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

this is the unfortunately the only approach I've found. I'm marking it as the answer but I don't really like having to do this and as @justav mentions it doesn't always work that well.