cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO tags.

Hello everyone!
Can anyone help me with with:
i need to find the TAGS in ePO with what i can do criteria sorting groups and separate my group of Laptops and Desktops.
I find TAG "Laptop" in ePO, but it does not work, and i can't find why.
My task is to do two group:
1) With my domain desktops
2) With my domain laptops
and to do automatic sorting in they.
By what criteria i can separate it?
6 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

RE: ePO tags.

The laptop tag will not be supported until Mcafee agent 4.0 is released later this year, they built it into EPO 4.0 to function with this agent.

EPO 4.0 known issues:

https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=613711&sliceI...

Also the EPO 4.0 patch 1 readme references this:

Issue: The computer property “Is Laptop” was shown as “Unknown” on the Query Filters, Tag Criteria, and System Details pages. (Reference: 372294)
Resolution: The computer property “Is Laptop” now includes the end node state on the Query Filters, Tag Criteria, and System Details pages for end nodes using the McAfee Agent 4.0. This property continues to show “Unknown” for end nodes running Common Management Agents released prior to McAfee Agent 4.0.

Ok, i see, but how i can now do the sort in ePO and separate desktops and laptops?
Did you have any ideas? :confused:
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

You can create a manual tag for laptop (but dont call it just that as this may be in use later) and apply it to devices manually, I just mean that the built in one for laptop will not function until they release agent version 4.0

If your laptops are "named" in a common way like LP001 or WKSLP001 you can tag on the computername to identify them.

Yes, it is, for now it's my main idea, but we have not small part of machine what have name WS but for real it's Laptop, this happens after migration, and now my task to find solution to identity it.

Ok, i understand, but how i can do it for now automatically?
Maybe processor TAGS? Mobile or not mobile? But in tags i can do it only for Pentium III or later Smiley Sad,null maybe you have some more ideas for that? I have more then 1000 clients, and i can't to do manual tags for it all sad