cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ePO skips amcore content update, updates dat

Jump to solution

After implementing my ePO couple of days ago, I realised that the ePO only downloads the dat file update, and skips the amcore content update. 

I checked the master Repository, I realised that Amcore content is grayed out and cannot be selected to be pulled.

I then manually downloaded the latest amcore for ePO yesterday 3479 and checked in to the ePO. This morning, I realised the server still only pulled the dat 9029, and skipped the amcore 3480.

What is the issue please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 9

Re: ePO skips amcore content update, updates dat

Jump to solution

Go to software manager and check it in from there - there is a bundle package to check in that will check in the product and extensions.  If you don't have ens deployed to your systems, amcore updates are not used then.  For content to show up in the options for a pull task, the extensions need to be checked in for that particular product that uses the content.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

8 Replies
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Do you have a server task for say http or ftp to pull the dat/amcore from McAfee. See my screen shots below. You ned to make sure that you have selected amcore. 

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 6.28.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-28 at 6.29.14 AM.png

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

Do you have ENS package checked into the repository? Updates related to product only would be enabled if product is checked in to master repository.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Please how do I do this?

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

Screenshot talks about Amcore for Deep defender. Do you have Deep defender checked into the repository?

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

The amcore content is grayed out and I cannot select it.

Untitled.png

When I viewed the Master Repository task, it says :
Skipping package Current\AMCORDAT2000\3480.0\D AT\0000, no managed product installed

Tags (1)
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

correct. Do you have ENS checked into the master repository?

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

No I don't have ENS checked in. How do i do that please?

Untitled.png

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Go to software manager and check it in from there - there is a bundle package to check in that will check in the product and extensions.  If you don't have ens deployed to your systems, amcore updates are not used then.  For content to show up in the options for a pull task, the extensions need to be checked in for that particular product that uses the content.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community