cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO show non-compliant systems, but they compliant

Jump to solution

Hi there..

I have several questions about how ePO show compliant.

1. ePO show MAC machine as non-compliant,. I think it's because the field "AMCore Content Version" is empty, but via field "DAT Version (Non-Windows) it's show the last AMCore version.

2. ePO show Windows machine as non-compliant due old AMCore version, but via Client events I can see:

1.png

So, my point is to fix it all and show correctly information. How can I do it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 8

Re: ePO show non-compliant systems, but they compliant

Jump to solution

I would configure 2 different compliance reports - one for Windows that uses amcore and one for non-windows that uses dats.  That would fix the issue with Mac's not showing compliant.  As for the event you took screenshot of, the update failed.  A result of already running latest version should not show a failed event.  If you go to the system itself, does it show the correct version installed?  What version dat does the compliance report show as installed? 

Make sure also that there is no duplicate system that might be skewing reports. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

7 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Schopenhauer,

Can I ask that you run this past the ENS guys for review please?

MA will only report what it presented to it from the point products plugin file. If that detail/information is not passed to the agent, the agent has nothing to report. Unwanted as this maybe it is correct operation.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Can you reparaphrase your first question? Because I don't understand.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

I would configure 2 different compliance reports - one for Windows that uses amcore and one for non-windows that uses dats.  That would fix the issue with Mac's not showing compliant.  As for the event you took screenshot of, the update failed.  A result of already running latest version should not show a failed event.  If you go to the system itself, does it show the correct version installed?  What version dat does the compliance report show as installed? 

Make sure also that there is no duplicate system that might be skewing reports. 

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

About 2 different reports.

I suppose, there is impossible to make query with good criteria.

For example, for Windows machines I have:
AMCore Content Data -> Is whithin the last -> 3 Days

And I can't make the similiar with MAC machines, because there is only "DAT Version (Non-Windows)" where I can't choose the same "Is whithin the last -> 3 Days", only Equal, Contains, etc.

How can I make compliant check more automating? Because, all time looking for DAT version from Mcafee site and compare it with my - kind of not pleasure.

About ENS, I will check soon.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Ok, I have been testing this on my test server that has a linux system with ens.  Change your criteria to use amcore content date is within last 3 days and that will cover both windows and non-windows systems.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Hm, in my case there is empty field with version in AMCore Content Date.

Propably I need to redeploying agent, or something else.

Anyway, thanks for help!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Hope that works for you!

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator