cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO server 3.6.1 showing wrong reports

Hi,

Getting wrong report in ePO server 3.6.1. I have installed an ePO server 3.6.1 and assigned the policy on the Default site level. I have installed agents on all the desktop manually. I am facing couple of issue while i try to generate reports from ePO server
1- All the computers been displayed as unprotected.
2- Also i cannot see previous DAT file if i want ot generate any reports for older dats
3-While generating the reports the report doesnt shows the Anti-Virus version and DAT version instead i see a dash -- in front of it.

Could anyboby suggest any resolution for this as i tried re-installing and re-configuring the policies.

Thanks
10 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 11

RE: ePO server 3.6.1 showing wrong reports

Have you actually installed any VSE software to the agents from the server using a deployment task, can you verify this.

Sounds like you just have agents installed without VSE

Yes i have a deployment task scheduled which has VSE package for Anti-Virus version 8.5i NAP package.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 4 of 11

but its not working?
is there evidence on the machines that VSE has been installed?

Hi Tony,

How to verify that could you please let me know how to do that, bcoz in reports i cant see anything in update history. Also is there any steps which i should do to rectify this

:confused:
Travler
Level 10
Message 6 of 11

Go to one or two workstations and look for the VSE logo (the "red" shield) in the workstations' system tray. If VSE is not installed, then you should either see the agent's "blue" shield, or the big red M with only the blue shield inside it.

If everything is installed correctly, then you should see the big red M with both the blue agent shield and the red VSE shield inside it.

Hi,

I can see that on all the desktops. But still unable to get correct reports in ePO server. I have removed the current VSE package and re-checked the package.

Thanks
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 8 of 11

For starters:

recheckin the vse package into epo (follow the step by step instructions in the readme that comes with it) make sure to check in the package aswell as the naps.
also check your agent version is at least a 3.6.x agant rather than just a 3.5.x agent as a 3.6 agent is a prerequisite.

Hi Tony,

Rechecked the package again can see the report now...... Just wanted to know one more thing should we create the agent after adding all the policies and packages in the ePO server or could we do the other way around.

Thanks
Really appreciate your helpSmiley Happy.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 10 of 11

TBH it makes no real difference if you have checked in VSE or not, although obviously if this is a fresh epo install and you are installing agents for the first time then you want to make sure you have checked in the most up to date/yet stable agent for that version of EPO first, before you create your package that you use in your thrid party install scenario.

Most people would in a fresh situation check in everything to the server first, setup policies and tasks and then roll agents.