cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO policies

Hello,

I have ran into a problem with McAfee ePO as the database got deleted and i have decided to build the ePO from the from the scratch.

But i have the backup of the agent server communication keys so the communication between the agents and the server can be restored .

But my main concern is with the policies which have set where do i find the policies,as i cant login to the ePO. so that  can import them after i setup new ePO.

Thanks.

4 Replies

Re: ePO policies

Hello,

Do you have your database backup with latest Date?

i dont have the database backup

Than its not possible to export the policies which is currently in your ePO console.

Always back up your database. We have a large organization, so our SQL server is not on the same box as EPO, and we back it up nightly. I also have a habit of exporting all my policies for future reference, so, in case I delete a policy by accident, or I want to go back and look at an old policy that I had purged, I just restore the XML file. I think it took me 15 or 20 minutes to back up all my policies. BTW how does a database just "get deleted"? Don't answer that.

So, I guess you will have to recreate your policies from scratch also. Good luck!