Did you mean: 
it1024
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

ePO pages takes too long to load

Jump to solution

Dear guys,

The ePO and database server are both installed on one machine. The DLP incident manager page takes almost 10 minutes to load and also most of the pages related to DLP either to config or to check the reports takes very long to load. I assume that this problem should be the communication problem between ePO and database server but here that they are on the same server!

My first question is how to troubleshoot this issue and find the real problem and also it would be highly appreciated if you let me know about your previous experiences and solutions accordingly.

Thank you in advance.

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Re: ePO pages takes too long to load

Jump to solution

If you don't have update 5 installed, I would still suggest that for dlp fix.  Instead of installing update 5, use update 6, as that resolves an issue with update 5 that product versions don't update.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

The epo installer refresh versions only refer to having an updated pre installation auditor tool.  The do not include any updates.  Yes, you can get it from software manager.  I have found that it is listed after all the release notes, so you may have to scroll for it to find it, but it is there.  Make sure you have full backups of everything before running any updates.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

7 Replies
hem McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

How many events are getting loaded when you open 'dlp incident manager'? If there are excessive events then it may take time to load the page.

We can try purging few dlp events which are loaded in incident manager and I am not sure that it will make improvement.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

What version of epo are you on and if 5.10, what update version?  DLP has an issue with missing some indexes that is causing performance problems and deadlocks.  5.10 update 5 has that fix in it (update 6 is the latest and they are cumulative).  DLP hasn't released any fix for it yet, so if you are running 5.9, you can either upgrade to 5.10 and install the updates, or you can open a ticket with dlp team to get a script to add the indexes to the database.

Was my reply helpful?

it1024
Level 10
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

@cdinet @hem 

We are using ePO 5.10. I believe that I found the issue. Actually in Server Task Logs I found too many Agent Deployment tasks with status as running! It seems that the operator has been running task after task without making sure whether the previous one is finished. I am trying to end the tasks which seems to be my next problem. They are all remained in Pending Termination status!

Am I right? Can the fact of too many running tasks slow down the ePO pages loading?

Thank you.

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Yes, that can cause problems too.  To stop them, try stopping all epo services, but do not kill the tomcat process when the application server service takes a long time to stop.  No matter how long it takes, let it stop on its own.  See if that kills them after starting services back up.

Was my reply helpful?

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

If you don't have update 5 installed, I would still suggest that for dlp fix.  Instead of installing update 5, use update 6, as that resolves an issue with update 5 that product versions don't update.

Was my reply helpful?

it1024
Level 10
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

@cdinet 

The ePO we have installed was called "ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 refresh 4", does is include Update 6? If not where can I find it? Is it possible through ePO Software Catalog?

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

The epo installer refresh versions only refer to having an updated pre installation auditor tool.  The do not include any updates.  Yes, you can get it from software manager.  I have found that it is listed after all the release notes, so you may have to scroll for it to find it, but it is there.  Make sure you have full backups of everything before running any updates.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community