cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gno
Level 9

ePO on a closed network

Jump to solution

Just looking for some guidance with a closed network with ePO ,  set up checklist I was provided is for a network enabled setup, there are references to connecting to sites that of course I cannot connect to .  Am very new to ePO.   Thank you for any guidance.  v/r

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gno
Level 9

Re: ePO on a closed network

Jump to solution

Thank you for your guidance.  All info will be helpful , I am limited in some ways since I am on a " classified closed network ".   All replies have been awesome

0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

@gno

Moved from  Community Support to ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) >Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
gno
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you.

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Jump to solution

The following is a good starting point:

Create and configure repositories on FTP or HTTP servers and UNC shares (page 73)

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/24000/PD24808/en_US/...

Saw this in another post; copy contents of ftp://ftp.nai.com/CommonUpdater and place the contents in a shared network directory, setting permissions on the share accordingly ..... Setup a new ''Source Site'' on the Client and point it to your UNC share you have created on the network containing the synced contents of the online NAI site, and the user account with access.

gno
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you tao, have less than 100 nodes so have 1 distributed repository, but am looking more for something involving the installation , all manuals / documents that were provided to my all reference having a networked environment with internet connection. There were quite a few "steps " that I had to skip during my "check " of how the last admin set up ePO 5.3.1 , I am wanting to just restart from scratch , mostly for the experience , its like coming into the kitchen and soup is on the stove and there are no recipes available ...lol  not sure 100% what ingredient's were  put in.

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Jump to solution

"...but am looking more for something involving the installation" of what - ePO, VSE or the Agent?  As for VSE or the Agent:

1) VSE - take a look at <> Installation Designer 8.8 Product Guide : enables an administrator to preconfigure a VirusScan Enterprise software package for installation on one or more computers (creates a standalone exe for ePO or for use with other deployment tools). .

McAfee Corporate KB - Installation Designer 8.8 Product Guide PD23073

For updateing VSE on a closed network; follow the above post .... copy contents of ftp://ftp.nai.com/CommonUpdater and place the contents in a shared network directory, setting permissions on the share accordingly ..... Setup a new ''Source Site'' on the Client and point it to your UNC share you have created on the network containing the synced contents of the online NAI site, and the user account with access.

2) Agent - How to create a custom agent installation package in ePolicy Orchestrator Technical Articles ID:   KB51661 Last Modified:  11/10/2016

McAfee Corporate KB - How to create a custom agent installation package in ePolicy Orchestrator KB51...

bandit61
Level 9

Jump to solution

Tao showed up the import thing, where to get the updates and this is how we use it.

Installation of ePo: there is no difference open/closed network. Also updating the clients

you can follow the same procedure if you are in a closed/open network.

If you are supporting different domains, in different network, you can setup a man-in-the-

middle-server, with 2 interfaces, one into each network. First open IF1 on the mitm-server,

replicate the repository from network-a to the mitm-server, shut-off IF1, open IF2 and

replicate from server to network-b, shut-down IF2.

gno
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for your guidance.  All info will be helpful , I am limited in some ways since I am on a " classified closed network ".   All replies have been awesome

0 Kudos
bandit61
Level 9

Jump to solution

some more information about system:

about 400 clients (laptop, Workstations, Servers) with W200364bit, w2k8r2, w2012r2, w7, w10

epo running on Hyper-V as guest with w2012r2, sql on the same server

VSE: 8.8 P8

Agent: actual using 5.0.283 evaluating 5.0.4.449

Clients from 4.8.0.1938 to 5.0.4.449

if you further questions, feel free to ask.

0 Kudos