cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO old log files - how to delete?

Hello.

I've got a lot of old logs files in "C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\Logs", e.g. "localhost_access_log.2010-09-01.txt". There are a lot of files, oldest are created 4-5 years ago. I think we don't need them. How to remove it? I've read a lot of docs, made a server task to delete old threat events, audit logs, server task logs, client events. But that files are still in place. Deleting them from folder manually... It's a little bit barbarian.

So, how to remove them correctly?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
m.bagheryan
Level 12

Re: ePO old log files - how to delete?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for advice, but in that KB - it's about MSSQL database. And files I told about - they have info about access to ePO, it's  just plain text *.log files. Are they connected to MSSQL somehow?

0 Kudos
fitchsoccer342
Level 13

You could create a simple .bat file that deletes files older than N days and then run that as a scheduled task from windows if you really wanted to. Otherwise just clear them out manually as needed.

.bat command:

forfiles -p "C:\what\ever" -s -m *.* /D -<number of days> /C "cmd /c del @path"

forfiles documentation: http://ss64.com/nt/forfiles.html

Thanks, of course I could delete it manually or via Win scheduler. But, what if these files are registered somewhere else (database or something like that)? I don't need lots of errors "could not find file" or something like that. So, I wanted to know what exactly McAfee tells us to do with these old access logs. Simple deleting... hm... that's a little "blondy" )))).

0 Kudos
m.bagheryan
Level 12

as far as I know this is provided for delete the old logs and I did it in my Customer Environment.

0 Kudos
yuems
Level 11

Hi,

You may delete these files.

Please search "localhost_access_log"   at https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/23000/PD23209/en_US/... doc.

"

Localhost_access_log.<DATE>.txt

Records all requests from client systems received by the McAfee ePO server. This file is not present until after the Tomcat service is started for the first time."

Best Regards.

0 Kudos