cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ePO not enforcing it's policies

Hey guys,

I'm new to McAfee ePO, but as part of the ongoing security compliance we need to block off certain websites on site advisor, we entered the the websites on the prohibit lists and pushed it to all users, but we can still access al the websites.

Any advice would be useful,

Thanks

3 Replies

Re: ePO not enforcing it's policies

Hi randal.durham, don't forget that you need to send a wakeup call to these agents if you want to see some results at the moment you cange your SAE policy.

You can also experience this issue if the web browser is not one of the supported ones or if it's loading the web page from its caché

Ulyses31,

Thank you, I did wake up, checked the server task log and it was agent wake-up was complete, I am also using IE9 which looks to be the only browser supported.

Any other ideas, thanks

McAfee Employee spamidi
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

I am no SiteAdvisor expert, but you could check  if one of these KBs apply in your case:

KB68590 -

Web site continues to load even though it has been added to the SiteAdvisor Prohibit policy (issue: URL format: www)

KB68302

Website continues to load even though it has been added to the SiteAdvisor Prohibit policy (issue: URL format: https://)

Also,  what version of SiteAdvisor and ePO do you have?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community