Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dilan90
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

ePO not displying correct system name

Jump to solution

I have collected number of 10 PC and ran the "run now task" but during that time frame many few systems were failed to run the task. And when I checked with browser using agent server communication port (8081) and I found out the name of the physical PC doesn't mach with the PS which is in the ePO system list.

How can I sort this to correct system names???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee moekhass
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Re: ePO not displying correct system name

Jump to solution

Please run "nslookup IP_ADDRESS" and "nslookup HOSTNAME". In this case, you would run it twice with both system names. Do they resolve correctly? Does your DNS server contain duplicate entries? if so, delete the old entry. After deleting from dns, you may run "ipconfig /flushdns" on the client system, then wake up McAfee Agent.

9 Replies

Jump to solution

your question is not clear, Could you please share us some screenshot and the log information you are referring ?

dilan90
Level 9
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Above image regarding to the system name that I need to monitor with agent communication port as I don't have remote access. And I found as follow once I monitored.

McAfee Employee moekhass
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Please run "nslookup IP_ADDRESS" and "nslookup HOSTNAME". In this case, you would run it twice with both system names. Do they resolve correctly? Does your DNS server contain duplicate entries? if so, delete the old entry. After deleting from dns, you may run "ipconfig /flushdns" on the client system, then wake up McAfee Agent.

dilan90
Level 9
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

It has worked out. Thank you

Jump to solution

There is two problem related with this , I am not sure, I am expecting this.

> One is DNS settings. That can be cross checked using netstat command  ( tcpview )on client machines  use the port 9090, Please make sure that you are accessing the ePO console on your local machine else it will be confusion

> Second problem could be that agent is not sending the correct props to ePO server. Could please give a try by sending the wakup call with full props check button, It will flushout the existing configuration and  send the new full props.

dilan90
Level 9
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Thanks for your,respond

Hi,

I'll go trough with the fist statement you have mentioned and let you know asap

Jump to solution

McAfee Agent uses the sysctl function to get host names. Consequently, when sysctl reports the wrong FQDN, McAfee Agent also reports the wrong name. You can use  machine name as <hostname>.local rather than the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the machine or try it with vice versa.

Please run "nslookup IP_ADDRESS" and "nslookup HOSTNAME".If DNS server contain duplicate entries then delete the Old one and run the ipconfig /flushdns.Either reinstall the McAfee agent or if already there in console then send the wakeup agent call.

dilan90
Level 9
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Thank you for your ideas

Jump to solution
I experienced this issue today and didnt realize the name difference and waited about 25 mins troubleshooting. My systems are in WorkGroups so no DNS issue are present. Please advise?
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.